Join for the Fun, Stay for the Career!
If you are looking for a great place to work, have fun, and make money mate, click to apply.
Come join the Outback family as a Cook, where you will be passionately preparing, portioning, and cooking food items to Outback’s quality specifications. As a Cook, you will be committed to safe food handling, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards during the shift. You will also be preparing food with proper safety equipment, tools, and recipe specs. As a Cook, you’ll help to provide each customer with an AUS-SOME dining experience in the restaurant, through your passion and commitment.
- Responsible for the preparation of food items. We have a diverse menu that requires speed and accurate preparation, and you should feel proud of each item you prepare.
- Our Kitchen is well designed with large working areas. We have Line Cook positions in Salad, Fry, Dessert, Sauté, Grill and Make Up along, with Kitchen Prep Cooks.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and the cleanliness of your surroundings.
- Working as a team to achieve standards in preparation and delivery of food items.
- Committed to safe food handling, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards during the shift.
- Prepares food with proper safety equipment, tools, and recipe specs with further direction from Management.
- Practicing food safety and sanitation, restocking kitchen and cook line as needed throughout the shift.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.; able to work in hot and cold environments.
- Ability to walk, stand, or bend for long periods of time while performing essential job duties.
- Vision abilities to include distance, close, color, depth, and peripheral. Also, the ability to adjust focus.
We are Out West Restaurant Group, the largest franchisee of Outback Steakhouse. Outback Steakhouse is an Australian theme restaurant that opened in March of 1988. At Outback Steakhouse we take food seriously, without forgetting the fun and we are proud to do things uniquely and strive to positively impact the lives of our people we call “Outbackers”. We believe if you treat people “Just Right” then success is sure to follow. It’s a culture of respect and camaraderie that breeds enthusiasm. We start with indulging each customer like a guest in our own home. We continue by committing to the success of each and every Outbacker to be trained to the best of their ability. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Outback Steakhouse.
International Franchise Association’s Franchisee of the Year Award 2022, for Exemplifying Excellence in Local Community Service.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us.
Outback Steakhouse prohibits the use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property. “We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.”
Depending on experience, pay range is between $16.00-$20.00 an hour for this position.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
pay range is between $16.00-$20.00 an hour for this position.</p>
Job Reference #: 572953