We are Out West Restaurant Group, the largest franchisee of Outback Steakhouse. Outback Steakhouse is an Australian themed restaurant that opened in March of 1988. At Outback Steakhouse we take food seriously, without forgetting the fun and we are proud to do things uniquely and strive to positively impact the lives of our people we call “Outbackers.” We believe if you treat people “Just Right” then success is sure to follow. It’s a culture of respect and camaraderie that breeds enthusiasm. We start with indulging each customer like a guest in our own home. We continue by committing to the success of each and every Outbacker to be trained to the best of their ability to oversee all aspects of the restaurant. All new managers will go through an extensive Manager in Training (MIT) program. Combining this with your previous experience, we will set you up to be proficient in each of our managerial positions: Serious Food, Concentrated Service, and Spirited Drinks. Managers in these positions work as a team and report directly to the Managing Partner of the restaurant. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Outback Steakhouse.
Outback Steakhouse is always looking for dedicated, fun-loving people to help make our restaurants a success! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RESPONSIBLE BEVERAGE SERVICE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR ALL CALIFORNIA BASED POSITIONS
Come join our team and earn top pay while working in a great atmosphere!
Managers at Outback receive:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) after eligibility period
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Vacation
- Excellent ongoing training and development
- Complimentary Manager Shift Meal
- Miscellaneous other benefits like pet insurance and identity theft protection
- Contribute to the success of the restaurant’s operations
- Ensure training and development of employees are on going
- Optimize profits by controlling labor, food & beverage costs through proper ordering and inventory practices
- Grow business through sales and marketing
- Increase customer satisfaction and manage standards of service
- Committed to safe food handling, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards during the shift and prepares food with proper safety equipment, tools and recipe specs
- Develops Outbackers into Certified Trainers, Keys, and Assistant Culinary Managers and directs restaurant activities on a shift by shift basis
- Passionate about the taste and temperature of each dish and perfect plate presentations
- Demonstrates immaculate standards while maintaining an organized and “like new” restaurant
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities to include: distance, close, color, depth, and peripheral. Also the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of hands to finger handles or feels objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments.
Language and Reasoning Skills
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees, customers and managers.
- Ability to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement at the same.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to understand policies and procedures and to follow them.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us.
Outback Steakhouse prohibits the use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property. Also, sexual harassment and harassment based upon race, color, national origin, religion age, gender, sexual preference or disability is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 442422