Senior Financial Analyst
This is a full-time hybrid position located in our Mission Valley, San Diego, Ca office. The position will report to our VP & Controller. The ideal candidate will earn the confidence and trust of others; show consistency between words and actions; deliver on commitments; produce high quality of work and demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct. They will address complex issues; define strategic issues clearly despite ambiguity and take all critical information into account when making timely and tough decisions.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Starting on the 1st of the following month after your start date.
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation a Year; Paid Sick Days & Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement plan
- Hybrid schedule
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability & more!
- Analyze, and recommend changes to the Restaurant Labor targets, and weekly labor variances/outliers.
- Work with Operations to optimize scheduling and secure budgeted increases in productivity.
- Maintain menu items database and coordinate pricing with Franchisor.
- Analyze market price benchmarks and elasticity on price increases to recommend price increases to the Sr. Management team.
- Analyze food cost variances, usage impacts, commodity cost increases, and make recommendations to Sr. Management on savings opportunities.
- Meet with field management for financial performance reviews with, identify areas of opportunity relative to peers (limited travel required)
- Ad hoc analysis on various operations and marketing initiatives.
- Consolidate, analyze and report financial information including weekly EBITDA “Flash” reporting, recurring sales analysis, weekly KPIs, remodel performance, new store performance.
- Recurring reporting/analysis as needed for Board Decks and other monthly or quarterly dashboards.
- Manage annual budget upload and data integrity testing, assist the V.P. with long range plan and Cashflow planning.
- Review critical accounts at month end closing and generate adjusting journal entries as needed to correct errors identified in review.
- Strong Excel
- Experience with SQL Server Analytical Services, Hyperion Essbase, or similar excel analytical add ins.
- Microsoft Query, basic understanding of database structure and SQL.
- Experience developing budgets at a store level for a large organization.
- Strong ability to analyze and translate data into actionable information in concise emails to Sr. Management, with Schedule Flexibility to respond during holidays, weekends, and late nights as needed.
- 5+ Years FP&A, restaurants preferred, retail or hospitality considered.
- MBA preferred, BS in Accounting or Finance required.
We are Out West Restaurant Group, the largest franchisee of Outback Steakhouse. Outback Steakhouse is an Australian themed restaurant that opened in March of 1988. At Outback Steakhouse we take food seriously, without forgetting the fun, and we are proud to do things uniquely and strive to positively impact the lives of our people we call “Outbackers.” We believe if you treat people “Just Right”, then success is sure to follow. It’s a culture of respect and camaraderie that breeds enthusiasm.
International Franchise Association’s Franchisee of the Year Award 2022, for Exemplifying Excellence in Local Community Service.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us.
Outback Steakhouse prohibits the use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property. “We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.”